"Use Plank Walls and Wooden Roofs to make a better building.
Small Stairs and Wall-Walks can be used as improvised scaffolding to climb to the top of any structure and place better roofing."
|History:||0.6.4 → 0.6.3 → 0.6.1|
Quests Required to Unlock This Quest
Type of Quest
Schematic: A Better House
Schematic: Deluxe Housing
Start by gathering some components to build Plank Walls and "scaffolding".
- • Obtain 4x Sticks (0/4)
- • Obtain 28x Plank (0/28)
- • Obtain 2x Timber (0/2)
Plank Walls higher quality than Log Walls.
- • Place 2x blocks from this list: Plank Wall, Plank Wall With Window, Plank Wall With Shutters (0/2)
- • Build 2x blocks from this list: Plank Wall, Plank Wall With Window, Plank Wall With Shutters (0/2)
Building Higher can seem challenging but placing some Small Stairs and Wall-Walks as a form of "scaffolding" makes it easy. Start with some Small Stairs on an outside wall and don't forget to leave room near the top of the stairs for the Wall-Walk.
- Place a Small Stairs (0/1)
- Build a Small Stairs (0/1)
Climb the Small Stairs and build a Wall-Walk to stand on.
- Place a Wall-Walk (0/1)
- Build a Wall-Walk (0/1)
Now that you can reach higher you should probably think about upgrading the roof. Gather some wooden components for a better roof.
- • Obtain 1x Sticks (0/1)
- • Obtain 3x Timber (0/3)
- • Obtain 6x Plank (0/6)
Climb up your "scaffolding" again and build a wooden roof. Keep in mind that you can use the concept of temporary "scaffolding" to reach the top of any structure with a little thought and experimentation.
- Place a Wooden Roof (0/1)
- Build a Wooden Roof (0/1)