"How to build tile roofs.
Tile roofs are the most advanced roofs and they're exactly what you need atop your stone structures."
|History:||0.6.4 → 0.6.3|
Quests Required to Unlock This Quest
|A Better House||Smelting|
Type of Quest
To build half-timbered walls you need clay as filling. Clay could be found in most of regions not deep underground as soil layer, exceptions are snowy and desert regions.
- • Obtain 4x Timber (0/4)
- • Obtain 3x Sticks (0/3)
- • Obtain 6x Clay (0/6)
Now build a few half-timbered walls.
- • Place 2x blocks from this list: Half-timber Wall, Half-timber Wall With Entrance, Half-timber Wall With Door (0/2)
- • Build 2x blocks from this list: Half-timber Wall, Half-timber Wall With Entrance, Half-timber Wall With Door (0/2)
You're going to need a kiln to build tile roofs. Gather components to build a kiln. You can craft Metal Parts in a Furnace or Smithy.
- • Obtain 8x Timber (0/8)
- • Obtain 15x Small Stone (0/15)
- • Obtain 10x Metal Parts (0/10)
- • Obtain 8x Sticks (0/8)
- • Obtain 90x Clay (0/90)
The first part of building a tile roof is firing the tiles in a kiln. Construct a kiln so you can start making tiles.
- Build a kiln (0/1)
Use your kiln to craft some Roof Tiles. You'll need those along with some scrap wood to construct your tile roofs.
- • Craft 20x Roof Tiles (0/20)
Hopefully you know how to use "scaffolding". If not, see the document on creating a better house. Make your way to the top of a building and build some tile roofs.
- • Place 4x blocks from this list: Tile Roof, Tile Roof Outer Corner, Tile Roof Top Section (0/4)
- • Build 4x blocks from this list: Tile Roof, Tile Roof Outer Corner, Tile Roof Top Section (0/4)